Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Motivational Monday's


Image Credit: Kaela Burgess


Hello Everyone! Welcome back to the blog of beauty. I'd like to introduce you to a theme day blog post that I'll be creating for you every Monday, it'd like to call it Motivational Monday's, and just as the name suggests, I will be here to kickstart your week with makeup advice! One of my all time favorite beauty products is, you guessed it, lipstick! Have any of you experimented with lipstick or have been hesitant to try it out?

My favorite lipstick brand, and makeup brand in general is ColourPop Cosmetics. I discovered this makeup brand from a friendly YouTube makeup guru that I follow, KathleenLights. In her video she talks about her favorite ColourPop products and the Lippie Stix are a huge part of my makeup collection and one that I instantly fell in love with from ColourPop.

The Lippie Stix are small and sleek and when you hold them, it's almost as if you are holding a pencil. They are wonderful and the colors themselves are some of the boldest and brightest lipstick colors I own! Some of the lipstick finishes that ColourPop has to offer with the lippie stix are: Pearlized, Matte, Creme, Satin, Sheer, Matte X, and Glossy. There are so many different formulas of lipstick today along with different shades to compliment each and every skin tone!

I wear lipstick almost every day, and I have many people who ask me how my lipstick stays on throughout the day. One product that I feel contributes to the longer wear of my lipstick is a lipstick primer. The only primer I have ever used for my lips is the ColourPop primer. I never even knew a primer for lips existed until I stumbled across ColourPop Cosmetics! A primer simply primes the lips before lipstick is applied. When I use it, it almost feels like chapstick!

I recently re-purchased a lippie stix product for the third time from ColourPop called Leather and I would have to say this is my signature lipstick color. I go through this color every couple months and I'm constantly stocking it back up in my red lipstick mug! Purple lipstick has been a huge trend within the last year or so, and everyone seems to love this color around the Fall season! I don't really pay too much attention to the makeup trends though, I honestly just wear my purple lipstick all year 'round!

For additional makeup advice, one beauty blogger that provides many tips regarding makeup, among other topics, is Miss Maven! I highly suggest looking into this blog if you are curious about all things beauty.

Feel free to leave comments and ask questions! I'm here to help you on your makeup journey each step of the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment