Tuesday, September 27, 2016

About this Blog: Beginning My Makeup Journey


Hello Everyone! I'd like to introduce you to my blog revolving around anything and everything that has to do with makeup and beauty products. I like to think of myself as a makeup connoisseur these days, however, that has not always been the case.

Growing up I always loved makeup, but I remember a time when I didn't know how to apply it. I'm remembering my 7th grade school picture and how I had put on a metallic blue eyeshadow and clear lipgloss from my moms small makeup container. It was my first time experimenting with makeup, and let me tell you, it showed. I also remember a time when the thought of going into Sephora, a nationally known makeup store with endless makeup products, gave me anxiety.

I didn't know where to begin in that store because I was overwhelmed with all of the makeup possibilities available to me. I remember having so many internal questions like what products were the best for me? What is a face primer and how can it benefit me and what on earth is a beauty blender, a kitchen appliance?!

Over time, the questions became more clear to me asI started doing my own research and watching a new YouTube makeup guru's like Nicole Guerriero and Jaclyn Hill. Among those internet makeup stars, however, there was one other person who helped me along my makeup journey and that is my best friend.

In my early 20's, every Friday and Saturday night before my best friend and I would go out for a night on the town, I would ask her to do my makeup for me.  Face, eyes, lips, brows, you name it, my best friend knew how to do it. After a few months of this, I eventually asked her how she created, what I like to call, the makeup magic, on my face. I started paying more attention to what she was doing and what she was using on my face until one day I decided to try it all on my own.

Now, here I am today reaching out to anyone who may be feeling the same. If it's makeup tips you want, you've stumbled upon the right place! I'd love to be your best makeup friend and guru on this journey. If you have any questions along the way, I would be happy to answer them!



3 comments:

  1. I really appreciate the lengths people go to achieve the perfect style of makeup. I envy those who have the patients for makeup. My ability is a basic eyeliner line. I can not do anything fancy. My question would be, how do you make the perfect winged eyeliner look? How can you be sure it will look right? Does the eye shape matter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winged eye-liner took me a long time to get down. Sometimes I have one wing that looks fantastic and the other is not quite there! You can achieve a great winged eye look from eye shadows, and eye liner pencils, however, I've practiced with liquid eye-liner for years and got comfortable using only winged eyeliner, and, embarrassingly, only one brand too! I'm hoping to put up a post for eyes including eye shadow and achieving a winged eye look so stay tuned!

      Delete
  2. I am in the same boat as Kaitlyn with the winged eye-liner! I can't seem to get it down. I think this is a great topic for a blog because I know that I am one of MANY people that need lots of help with make up.... I think I've come a long way, but I never seem to have that motivation needed to actually do it in the morning before leaving the house. Maybe you can write about some quick ways to do make up if you're in a hurry!

    ReplyDelete