Tuesday, October 4, 2016

A Daily Dose of Color

Image Credit: Rinzi Ruiz

If you could create anything on one blank canvas what would it be? An overpass in the city of South Bend has had a revamped makeover in the last couple years, bringing a little more color to those passing by. What would you create if you were given the opportunity to let your mind flow? As this picture depicts creativity, freedom and self expression it appears to me like the canvas for this artist is a wall of a building outside. It's not every day you can paint on the side of a public building, in fact, most people would more than likely call that graffiti. However, if there were no legal issues and the art was visually appealing, the whole world would be an artist's canvas.

This picture represents a beautiful blending of colors and not just that but, a purpose of existing just to liven up what was once a blank white wall. Beauty can be portrayed in so many ways, and art can express beauty, as well as makeup. Makeup can be viewed as an art too. There are many techniques used to create shadows on the face, the blending of eyeshadow to decrease harsh lines, and crafting the perfect winged eyeliner. Women today have created an art of drawing on thick eyebrows that were once thin and over-plucked in the 90's! There are many ways you can enhance your natural beauty with makeup, it just depends on the occasion!

Now, think of yourself as a blank canvas. How will you bring your canvas to life with makeup?

2 comments:

  1. I loved you picture for starters and your post really made me think. I love colors in general and I find myself being more drawn to mandala style art which works with many colors and shapes to create a great design. If I had a blank canvas rhat I myself could create freely on, I would want to make my canvas as bright and as bold as I can get it. Although I am a fan of many colors, I do not wear too much makeup simply because a lot of products break me out and I do not know which brands would complement me the best. Hopefully from following your blog, I will be able to get a few great ideas. I cannot wait to see where this journey will take me. Thanks in advance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Mercedes! I love wearing make up, it makes me feel so confident and creative. However, I have similar issues as well, if I go full canvas mode on my face I have to apply the make up immediately before I go out and bring remover along for when I'm in for the night. My skin is so sensitive to products to the point if I wear mascara multiple days in a row (cleaned/removed nightly) my eyes will swell. Have you ever had any sensitivity issues and if so how did you resolve them?

    ReplyDelete